Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daydream Believer

I feel my eyebrows sliding lower and lower on my forehead, by the end of next week they will completely obscure my vision.  My slouch in growing more prominent and even the chickens are unable to make me smile. It's getting serious.

I don't know if it was the addition of my Russian class at the community college, my lack of time off since last May (to work in Uganda, not really a break), or all the drama unfolding before me a home.  Whatever the cause, the effect is the same: I have become the Grinch (rather bad timing as the holidays are right around the corner).

Flipping through pictures of friends in Hawaii may have just set me off.  "I want to go," I thought lamely.  I can even hear the way the last note turns up ever so slightly to given the comment a true whine.  Even my own whine is annoying me right now. 

I need to get of town.  I almost left with my mother yesterday and did just that, but that tiny bell of responsibility was ringing just loudly enough for me to forgo the adventure.  Besides, what I want is a get WAY out of town, a get out of state, get out of country, get out of hemisphere kind of adventure.



I need a vacation.  Maybe to St Petersburg.  That photo does look intriguing, no? I wonder how my manager would feel about that?  I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment